Saturday, October 9, 2010

Is managing diabetes a full time job?

If only I had nothing else to do... Right? Wrong - but anyways.

I sometimes feel like there are so many things that we deal with that sometimes my diabetes takes a back seat and I don't give it the attention I need to in order to achieve better control. I mean, life gets busy sometimes!!!

I often think that managing diabetes can be a full time job, and at times it can be. But looking at how typical management is done, it's kind of weird. Managing diabetes is not a "task" that you can focus on and "get it done", but rather requires multiple mental "visits" through the course of a day.

I think my biggest problem is maintaining a consistant level of diligence through the course of the day. I might be very motivated at one point of the day, but I have problems maintaining that level of motivation while navigating the course that unravels for the rest of the day.

So, if I didn't work, or do anything else at all, would I be able to manage my diabetes better? I don't think so - just because I don't think any of us can maintain that focus all day every day!

The puzzle is figuring out how to balance everything when taken together. I think that diabetes can be just a small mental part of our normal thought process during the day. Similar to driving - I'm still very careful when driving, but for the most part it is somewhat unconcious. Something I've been doing for so long that it does not require 100% focus like it did when I first drove. Maybe diabetes is a bit like that? Some situations and circumstances requiring more focus and attention, but for the most part occupying a small amount of mental resources...??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Free Automatic Link Free BackLinks
backlinks free
Free Backlink Plugboard Express Free Auto Backlink AutoBacklinkGratisFree Promotion LinkMAJLIS LINK: Do Follow BacklinkLink Portal Teks TVFree Smart Automatic Backlink Text Backlink Exchanges Free Auto Backlinks Free Automatic Link Free BackLinks
backlinks free
Web Link Exchange Text Back Links Exchanges Text Back Link Exchange Text Backlink Exchanges Kostenlose Backlinks bei http://www.backlink-clever.de Free Auto Backlinks Free BackLinks For You Intercambio gratis de Enlaces Kostenlose Backlinks bei Gratisbude.de Free Auto Backlink Generator Qtul Free Auto Backlinks FreeBackLinksForYou Free Automatic Link DAHOAM Free Backlinks Free Automatic Backlink Linki Linki Free Backlinks Free Auto Backlinks Hochzeitsmusik - Streichquartett http://Link-exchange.comxa.com Free Backlinks Magical Link Free Automatic Elvira Links Unlimited Backlinks MIM - Free BacklinksYour-Link Free Auto Backlinks From 1Malaysia Free Automatic Link Free Backlinks Exchange Free Automatic Link Radio-Antenne-Nord Intercambio gratis de Enlaces backlink Cárdenas.net backlink Free Automatic Link echange de liens Free Automatic Link